Friday 31 January 2014

Getting Back to Blogging

Well I really did not intend to be away from blogging for so long! I hope that there is someone out there who still has me in their reader and drops by occasionally! 

I'll start off with some stitching. During my time away I have still been stitching, although not quite as often as I would like. With Mr. L. now retired our days are somewhat different and I am now trying to get used to stitching more in the evenings. 

Through a Facebook group that I belong to I discovered the Just Nan 2014 SAL. If you click the button on my side bar you'll be able to find out more about it. I decided to start off with "Sparkling Iris" for January, although it isn't yet finished. I'm stitching it on 32ct Lilac Belfast linen with the required DMC threads. (The little thread at the top is just to denote the top of the piece.)



I'll be back again with some more stitching photos soon.

For our combined birthday and Christmas presents our son and daughter-in-law gave Mr. L. and myself a Fortnum and Mason gift card with the idea of us all having afternoon tea there. So on the 4th Jan. we went down to London and in the afternoon we ensconced ourselves in the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon. We had a lovely time followed by a little shopping, well you have to don't you?  




Afterwards we went back to Paul and Carla's for a while before returning to our hotel at Greenwich.

Now I never did blog about my son's wedding last April did I? It was a lovely day, the rain held off for the most part, just one shower while we were on a Thames Clipper for the Champagne reception. This was to enable us all to get across the river from the Church in Rotherhithe to the Four Seasons hotel at Canary Wharf where the main reception was held. Both of these photos were taken by my brother, Keith Leman, who has kindly allowed me to post them on my blog. 

 Paul and Carla on the boat at Greenwich


From left to right
Me, Mr. L Paul, Carla, Carla's Mum, twin sister and Dad
We're on the steps at Canary Wharf.


That's it for now, I'll be back soon with another stitching update.

Nicola






13 comments:

KimM said...

Greetings! Lovely stitching and what great pictures of you and your family. Looking forward to more updates about you and your stitching.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great to see you blogging again Nicola - beautiful wedding photos and your F&M tea looked amazing

Zeb said...

Love the Sparkling Iris stitching! Did you ever decide how you were going to finish it?

And oh my *sighs* I am so envious of your high tea :)

Beautiful photos!

Sheila said...

Love your sparkling iris, that is one I've been thinking of looming for.
Lovely pics, also

Lesleyanne said...

Welcome back. Lovely stitching and photos. Looks like you had a great time.

Andrea said...

Great to see you back blogging again. Beautiful wedding photos and the wonderful sight of all those cakes and sandwiches at F&M ... mmm. Beautiful stitching.

Bonnie said...

I love your stitching on the Sparkling Iris.

xsfav14 - Chele said...

Gorgeous start to Sparkling Iris! And oh I was hungry before, now I am really hungry! LOL!

Michele

Carol said...

So nice to see a new post from you, Nicola--lovely JN piece :)

How exciting to have a wedding in the family--such a happy looking couple. I'm still waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for one of my sons to make that big commitment :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful day with us :)

Rowyn said...

Your Just Nan piece is gorgeous.

The wedding photos are beautiful, and the afternoon tea looks delicious!

Good to see you blogging again.

Brigitte said...

Nicola, so great to see you blogging again. So welcome back!
I loved seeing your family pictures from the big event. And such a lovely Just Nan piece that you stitched. Looking forward to seeing more stitchy pictures, maybe a new Prairie Schooler??

Julie said...

Lovely to see a post here Nicola.
What a lovely wedding picture of you all.
Your JN looks splendid but your Fortnum Tea looks even better! yum yum!!!

Shebafudge said...

Wonderful stitching on your Just Nan. Great to see you again...don't leave it so long next time :)